Monday, November 14, 2005

Republicans: Prepare for a beat down in 2006

Just another reason why the Republicans are in for a bad election year in 2006. In its next issue, Time magazine will name Ohio Republican Bob Taft as the nation's worse governor. As one person says about Taft's place on the nation's worse governer's list: “I think that’s completely accurate. I mean the guy is an idiot. I just think about the things that he’s done for the state of Ohio. He’s made some poor decisions about what’s going on with the coin scandal.”

What is with politicans getting into a powerful position and then just being corrupt assholes? Ok, I know not all of them are, but I can think of dozens of scandals off the top of my head so its not that uncommon. At any rate, Ohio is a swing state and will probably see a huge Republican turnover. Nation wide the Republican party doesn't look any better. Libby, Frist, and DeLay help aid the perception (either warrented or not) that the Republican party is bankrupt. Either locally or nationally, corruption is never a good platform to campaign on.

No comments: