Wednesday, September 21, 2005

My Saturday Night

Ok. This is a quick entry so sorry about the lack of editing or flow of thought. I don't have time to reread but I want to get this onto my blog before it gets too old. I'll come back and try to edit and give more detail but here goes for now.

So, my girlfriend and I went to dinner in Chinatown. First off, we waited 10 mins before we got served so that should have been a clue of how the night would go. I ordered some drinks and wings so we could watch the end to the ND/Mich. game.

Well, after the horrible loss I decided to order a burger. The waiter (as was the case the entire night) took a long time coming over to get our order, but finally did. After a while I wanted another drink, but the waiter was nowhere to be found (surprise). About 5 mins. I waited and then asked another server to get me a drink but he couldn't because he was unable to order it on the computer. He looked around to find my waiter and then told be he would tell him to get my drink order.

Well, during this time I started watching the food coming and going because I knew the burger should be up . Well, there was one burger at the food server station just sitting there on the side. From the time I started watching it till the time my waiter reappeared it was 10 mins.
My waiter finally came back and gave me the burger I had been watching. I told the guy after waiting a long time (I would guess 10 mins) that I didn't want it.

He took it away sort of pissed and then came back and saying the burger had just came up. I told him it didn't and that I had been watching it the entire time. The waiter proceeded to tell me tons of burgers come up. At that point he started getting really mad and into my face from across the table. I told him, "why was he acting like a dick." At this point he pushed me.

I stood up in disbelief and stepped back three or four paces. He then started saying don't call me a dick and looked like he wanted to kill me. Well, I thought about going after him but decided it was stupid to fight over a damn burger. So, I said, "push me again" pretty load in order to get someone to do something about this crazy guy.

To my shock no one came to help. It took probably a good 15 to 20 secs (his isn't' a huge place and it had tons of male waiters and staff to help in this situation) went by before the employees got between us. They just told me to leave but didn't doing anything to restraint the waiter. My girlfriend and I walked to the door all the while explaining what happened. And guess what? The waiter was still walking freely around looking all the more pissed and actually coming up to us again. At that point my girlfriend was getting even more upset so I decided to just leave.

Walking home, we called the place and talked to the manager (who at first didn't want to talk to me until I told some guy "do we need to call the cops?"). The guy was very nervous because he knew the place was in the wrong having a waiter push a customer. Anyhow, all I wanted was for the guy to be fired which had happened (well, that's what the manager said so I guess it didn't happen). Then the manager told me to come in and he'd buy some drinks for me. Yeah, I'm really going back there anytime soon.

No comments: