Friday, July 15, 2005

What did he say?

NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman and Detroit Red Wing Chris Chelios have never been friends. Back in 1994, when the NHL last had a labor dispute Chelios said "If I was Gary Bettman, I'd be worried about my family, about my well-being right now." Now in 2005, Chelios is at it again. This time brining up what appears to be suspect remarks concerning Bettman in light of the fact that the Commissioner is Jewish. In discussing the new NHL labor agreement, Chelios said:

"It's not so much the deal. It's all about the lies and separating the players from the league and making us look bad because we have to defend ourselves. And that alone should be just cause for him to get the gas after this is all done."

Now I am not sure what Chelios meant by his statement, but I do know he better clarify it soon. I really hope he intended his message to mean something different than the way it came out.

No comments: