Thursday, October 20, 2005

Quote of the Day

"Republican politicians are the same as Democratic politicians in that they like to spend money. Democrats want to raise taxes to pay for it, and Republicans allow the next generation to pay for it." -- Senator Tom Coburn (R-OK)


I usually don't comment on my quotes of the day, but I thought this one needed some explanation. Senator Coburn is a conservative who is not happen with the spend spend spenmentalityty of the Republican party. He also said that the Democrats taking Congress in 06 might be a good thing. I kind of agree with him. I think the Republicans in Congress forgot where they came from and are acting too much like Democrats. This needs to stop. If bringing down the Republican party and starting over is what it takes then I am all for it. What good is having a Republican majority if it does not believe in small government?

Far too long I have looked the other way. I say now and forever stop the madness. I am officially stating my opposition to President Bush and the Republican Congress.

No comments: